Tuesday, April 12, 2011

If it isn't one thing....

Ok, where do I start? The day began easy and simple enough, morning coffee, laundry ,cleaning, afternoon coffee, another cup of coffee, e-mail and then got ready to come into work. So far so good, right? Got to work  .( halfway there I realized the little gas light is on , and left my credit card home and no cash on me) sense of foreboding is setting in ,don't know why but it is. Start.a project - the key word is start.- will work on it Weds. Get out of work relatively early ,as in still light. Make it home (I'll have my husband put gas in the car ) Change into sweats , go to start the lawnmower (was going to surprise my husband ) and the gas can is gone. Seems my husband had the same idea , he was pulling in the driveway as I went to get the mower, he got gas and a sharpener for the blade. Now here is where it gets eerie, he gets the drill to attach the sharpener to sharpen the blade to the mower. The drill won't start , he thinks "D*** now this is broke , so he gets another drill , same thing. He switches outlets, as he does this he realizes the breaker switch is thrown. Here is where I come in (remember that sense of foreboding), " help me move the freezer it's still kinda cool, I want to check the outlet" says my wonderful husband. We move the freezer, he throws the breaker and And I yell "FIRE" as it shoots out around the plug. We apparently averted a house fire ,because the freezer's contents were almost thawed and inside the outlet box the ground wire was nowhere to be found. It had shorted out and melted . Anyway I had planned on spending the evening crafting and finishing laundry (laundry room's lights are connected to the breaker),and no crafting got done because we were in the garage cleaning out the freezer. With all that said , we were lucky to have found the wiring fault , I got gas put in my car and tomorrow is garbage day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a little bit of what I enjoy doing , hope you enjoy looking.

After doing a little bit of alot of different crafts I have gone back to what I have always loved. I enjoy coloring , drawing and designing pictures. And thanks to the love and (prodding) of my DH, I am where I belong and am more happy .